Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Funeral and A Wedding

Life is so nuts all of the time. But I am convinced of one thing after this past week. It's true when they say that the good die young. My friend Allisa passed away in January, which was hard enough but at least we saw it coming. Last Wednesday, June 20, our family friend and close friend to my little brother, KJ Harrison was killed unexpectedly while at scout camp. He was 16 years old.

I know that both of these amazing people are in a better place now and that as Dumbledore said I should not  "pity the dead, but the living." But it's still hard. I'm really  worried for Porter...he's having a rough time with it. But I think he'll be okay.

                                                              \The wedding is July 21st!

Other than the occasional traumatic news of my life...Oh and one fantastic piece of news, my sister Kaitlyn's GETTING MARRIED!!!!! (coming soon! July 21, 2012 Mr. and Mrs. Denton Call)...my life consists of working and wedding plans.


Kaitlyn and my soon-to-be Brother-in-law Denton
Although today while driving with my brother I was a bit shocked when he turned to me and said, "Taylor, you need to put yourself out there. You need to get married this year."  I can honestly say that I didn't know what to say to the kid! I mean come on, you can't just throw something like that at me! Haha, but apparently I don't flirt, I already knew about my lack of dates that he so conveintly pointed out to me...ah well. Life is what it is and you just take what you can get from it I suppose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment